Chilocco, Oklahoma: Chilocco Indian Agricultural School Publisher, 1923.
Periodical. Stapled periodical. Pages 183-206,  page "Oklahoma" by Lydia M.D. O' Neil,  page statement on "Chilocco." Color illustrated front cover. Contents illustrated with photograhs. A few light edge chips to the covers. Interior contents very clean. From wikipedia: Chilocco Indian School was an agricultural school for Native Americans on reserved land in north-central Oklahoma from 1884 to 1980. It was approximately 20 miles north of Ponca City, Oklahoma and seven miles north of Newkirk, Oklahoma, near the Kansas border. The name "Chilocco" is apparently derived from a Muscogee word meaning "big deer" or horse. In 1912 the Oklahoma Supreme Court heard a case over an election dispute involving whisky and whether the Chilocco reservation was part of Kay County and Oklahoma or "Indian Territory". The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that school land was not an Indian Reservation, that the school was an off-reservation entity, and that the word reservation had various meanings and the area was not reserved as Indian territory.. Very good. Item #24014