Civil War Document: November 1863 Douglas Hospital, Washington D. C. Invalid Corps Report of 22 listed soldiers, their rank, company, regiment, etc.
Washington DC: Union Army, 1863.
Document. Hand Written Document. Folded. Approx. 11.5" x 8". 4 pages (1 page unused). Information written on lined paper with red columns. 22 numbered soldiers in the Invalid Corps are listed. Document is in very good condition. The Veteran Reserve Corps (originally the Invalid Corps) was a military reserve organization created within the Union Army during the American Civil War to allow partially disabled or otherwise infirm soldiers (or former soldiers) to perform light duty, freeing able-bodied soldiers to serve on the front lines (wikipedia). Very good. Item #18454
Transcribed as follows:
Washington D.C., Nov. 1st 1863.
Received this first day of November, 1863, at Douglas Hospital, Washington, D.C., from Depot Camp Invalid Corps Col. M. N. Wisewell Commanding, the following named men, transferred to Co. "K" 11th Regiment Invalid Corps by order of (Provost Marshal General is marked out) Medical Director of Washington.
(The following names, rank, Co., Reg't, are listed. Most of the ranks for the men are missing. The date of transfer, and remarks are omitted)
1. George Vock Priv. Co. C 82d Ill
2. Houston Heichel Co. G 57 PA
3. George W. Perry Co. C 6th ME
4. Conrad Vollweilor Co. D 119th N.Y.
5. Charles M. Lane Co. I 11th N.H.
6. Andrew J. Dyer Co. C 18th Mass
7. Horace C. Wilson Corp'l. 3d N.Y. Ind. Baty.
8. William Scace? Priv. Co. G 43d N.Y.
9. P. Henry Curtin ? Co. E. 6th N.H.
10. Silas W. Day Priv. Co. B. 60th N.Y.
11. William M. Burchard Co. G. 16th Conn.
12. Daniel F. Smith Co. D. 20th ME
13. Charles W. Kline Co. K. 107th PA
14. James E. Riley Co. B. 3d PA R.C.
15. Abraham K. Ferris Co. K. 7th N.J.
16. Abraham W. Rose Co. E. 9th N.J.
17. William Roggenstein Co. H. 146th N.Y.
18. Levi I Dorr Co. B. 13th Mass
19. Z. M. Raymond Corp'l Co. B. 144th N.Y.
20. Andrew S. Mason Priv. Co. D. 6th MD
21 James Cox Co. F. 1st PA Cav.
22. Julian Lasche Co. K. 26th Wis.
Nineteen of the above are present for duty, one sick, and two absent on furlough.
[signed] Hannibal D. Norton, 1st Lieut., Comd'g C. K. 11th Reg't, (late 22d Co, 2d Batte) Invalid Corps.
[written on page 4]
Original List of men transferred to Co. K. 11th Regt I.C. Nov. 1 '63, sent copy Nov. 1st - 63 to Col. M N Wisewell.