Liverpool: The Liverpool Printing and Stationary Co., Limited, 1886.
Soft cover. 5.5" x 4.5" soft cover illustrated guide. Red linen covers with gilt stamped title on the front cover. cloth has light superficial insect rubbing to the covers. The interior contents are in very good condition. Illustrated with a color lithographic frontispiece of the hotel and 23 other color lithograph views of the city. First issued in 1872 in Liverpool, by the Daily Post Steam Printing Works. 9 copies of the 1872 edition in OCLC. The 1886 guide has 7 copies listed in OCLC. Good. Item #17152
Adelphi Hotel From wikipedia:
The first hotel on the site was built in 1826 for the hotelier James Radley by the conversion of two 18th-century town houses. It was built on the site of the former Ranelagh Gardens, the first open space for public recreation in Liverpool.
This hotel was replaced by another hotel in 1876, which was bought in 1892 by the Midland Railway, being renamed the Midland Adelphi. A feature was a basement set of heated tanks to keep live turtles for turtle soup which was not only served, but the basis of a significant business being sent to banquets etc. around the country and beyond. The railway company replaced it between 1911 and 1914 with the present building, designed by Frank Atkinson. When opened, it was "regarded as the most luxurious hotel outside London"..